Felony Attorney, Denver CO
If you are arrested and charged with a felony in the Denver Metro Area of Colorado you need an aggressive, competent criminal defense attorney. Felony convictions can result in prison time, steep fines and have an impact on your ability to possess a firearm, secure employment and obtain student loans.
Like most states, Colorado classifies felony charges by severity. Under Colorado laws, there are six classes of felony charges you could be facing which are:
- Class 6: The least severe charges include possession of methamphetamine up to two grams and could result in jail time of up to 18 months and fines of up to $100,000 per Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-1.3-401.
- Class 5: Theft of property from a person could mean a jail time of up to three years and fines of up to $100,000.
- Class 4: Felony charges for sexual assault could mean fines of up to $500,000 and up to six years in prison per Colorado statutes.
- Class 3: Patronizing a prostituted child falls into Class 3 and could mean up to 12 years’ jail time and fines of up to $750,000.
- Class 2: A conviction for the sale of Schedule I or II drugs such as Oxycodone or morphine based drugs are subject to jail time of up to 32 years and fines of upwards of $1,000,000.
- Class 1: These are the most egregious crimes and could be punishable of life in prison or the death penalty. Typically, Class 1 crimes are the most serious such as first degree murder.
Any felony conviction on your record could have a negative impact on your future opportunities. When you need a skilled felony defense attorney, contact the Denver, CO Law Office of Benjamin Hartford at 303-991-5757 for a case evaluation immediately.